Who We Are..
The Friends of the Wind Point Lighthouse, is a 501c3 non-profit organization, formed in 1999
to educate the public about the history of the Wind Point Lighthouse.
Did you know...
The Wind Point Lighthouse is one of the oldest and tallest still operating on Lake Michigan.
Wind Point Fog Horns
The twin fog signals at Wind Point could be heard about 10 miles out into the lake.
A grateful thank you to ...
Although our web site is currently in development, we would like to thank a number of people and organizations for their contributions of historical images and information.
- The Friends of the Wind Point Lighthouse for making this site possible.(FOWPL)
- Barb and Ken Wardius, authors of many lighthouse books, including Wind Point Lighthouse
- The Racine Heritage Museum (RHM)
- Gerald Karwowski, author of "Racine" Postcard History Series
- National Archives - Washington D.C.